Archaeologist Israeli Department Antiquities, 1950-1955. Research fellow National Centre for Scientific Research, Paris, 1955-1958, Hebrew University, 1961-1966. Senior lecturer Tel Aviv University, 1964-1968, professor prehistory Israel, 1968-1972.
Founder, executive director Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici, Capo di Ponte, Italy, since 1964. Professor palaeo-ethnology University Lecce, 1980-1999. Member permanent council Union International des Sciences Prehistoriques, 1972-1978.
General secretary International Symposia Prehist. And Tribal Art, since 1987. Founder, 1st chairman executive board, president international committee on rock art International Council Monuments and Sites, 1980-1990.
President Institut des Arts Préhistoriques et Ethnographiques, Paris, 1992-1997. Leader numerous archaeological expeditions. General secretary national and international symposia.
Consultant in field.
- Methods of recording and analysing rock engravings
- Since the foundation of the CCSP (Camuno Center of Prehistoric Studies), in 1964, and even before, young people from different countries were attracted to Valcamonica in the Italian Alps, to attend this practical experience in recording rock art.
- Esodo. Tra mito e storia: Archeologia, esegesi e geografia storica (Italian Edition)
- È mito o storia l’epos di Mosè? La narrazione biblica dell’esodo e la rivelazione del monte Sinai costituiscono un’opera letteraria monumentale che si è tramandata per ben oltre due millenni, dopo essere stata trasmessa oralmente per secoli.
- The Riddle of Mount Sinai
- Can we treat the Bible as a historical source? This is a question often raised within Biblical studies and especially where scholars seek to validate or refute biblical stories through archaeological evidence.
- Camonica Valley A depiction of village life in the Alps from Neolithic times to the Birth of Christ as revealed by....
- This book throws light on 2000 obscure years of prehistory in northern Europe and on the myths and cults of its mysterious forest people, who have fascinated civilized men from Julius Caesar to Robert Graves.
1950 - 1955
1955 - 1958
1961 - 1966
- show more ...