Schwartzman, David was born on April 22, 1924 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Came to United States, 1954, naturalized, 1964. Son of Joseph and Jeannette (Zurick) Schwartzman.
Lecturer McGill University, 1948-1951. Economist Dominion Bureau Statistics, 1951-1953, United 5 to $1.00 Stores, 1953-1954. Instructor Columbia, 1954-1958.
Assistant professor New York University, 1958-1960. Associate professor New School University, New York City, 1960-1964, professor, since 1964, professor emeritus, since 2002, chairman department economics, 1966-1969, 76, 83-84. Member staff National Bureau Economic Research, 1963-1969.
Professor environmental medicine and community health state University New York Downstate Medical Center, part-time, 1969-1970. Consultant Royal Commission on Farm Machinery, Ottawa, Canada, 1968-1970, United States Bureau Census, 1973, anti-trust div. United States Department Justice, 1973, United States Council on Wage and Price Stability, Executive Office of President, 1975-1976.
Adjunct member Committee on Trade Regulation, New York County Lawyers' Association, 1976-1985. Board advisors Institute Health Economics and Social Studies, 1976-1980.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Innovation and Developments (Business Issues, Competition and Entrepreneurship)
- As the scope of available drug therapies expands, spending on prescription drugs has become the fastest-growing category of total spending on health care in the United States.
- The Japanese Television Cartel: A Study Based on "Matsushita v. Zenith" (Studies in International Economics)
- A timely and controversial study of the tactics and impact of Japanese competition on a major American industry
- Games of Chicken: Four Decades of U.S. Nuclear Policy
- Games of Chicken proposes basing nuclear weapons policies on both historical and analytical arguments.
- Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Book by Schwartzman, Professor David
Born April 22, 1924
1948 - 1951
1951 - 1953
1953 - 1954
1954 - 1958
1958 - 1960
1960 - 1964
- show more ...